Half Elves Against Trelly

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

ZOOM

*deleted big post of angst...which I really want to talk about but yet, don't* Suck.

In positive news...

My Dirge decided to try running Jboots (got too impatient for lvl 30) by herself at lvl 27 and finished it!

Ok if they hadn't removed the boat requirements, this would have never in a million years taken place, but Nini got beat down a few times on the jboots runs at 40 and the Dirge did not die once or have to redo anything but Thundering Steppes (missed the stupid coldwind cove exit). Woot!! I am so, so proud of her over that. I went and did it not thinking it would be possible at all and didn't expect to finish it.

She did get killed yesterday running two others through it, but they still finished and didn't have any redos, so yay!


Also, she hit 30 Friday night and got to try on her new speedbuff...a bit inaccurately described in the forums... The Dirges have the option for Jonathan's Mobilizing of Arms as a class trait at 30...people usually just say 40% speed but this is somewhat inaccurate, while at the same time being true... JMA is actually 24% speed, BUT, it stacks with Pathfinding's 16% speed, thereby making the Dirge 40% speed as long as both are up.

An added perk, btw, is that sow totems and potions stack with these two things, and jboots (when she gets old enough to wear 'em)...and so she can get nearly 100% speed on foot with all these active. Standard lately has been 64% speed... a 50s-1g sow totem and you're faster than a 60p carpet/horse. heh heh heh... a potion and you'll zip by them like they're parked.

I love the dirge...even if I've only got a month or so before they nerf the biscuits off her.


Other stuff...well, we discussed one or more of my characters leaving the guild to join a raid guild, and while it was generally agreed we'd keep our guild a casual small guild for alts and screwing around and therefore no worries if I left, I can't do it. I just can't... as much as I like some of the other guilds and see the opportunities there, when I see some of the crap that goes on with them from time to time, I feel like a kid going back home after summer camp and thinking "god I love my room..."

The Dirge may still go, eventually, since, unlike Nini, she's a class more in demand for raiding anyway and more flexible in her position in the guild, but, I'm going to tackle that hurdle when I get there and not worry about it.

In the meantime, Nini went to a Rognog raid last night and after the first wipe out, we lost a few members...and Nin had the bright idea to pull him to the door, so that people who died -instead of having to be rezzed with no health, power, or buffs - could rez right there at the fight with at least full heath and power.

Well, it was a marginally good idea in certian respects... but with our gimped group for the second try... it didn't play out so well. Well mainly because we just kept reviving when we probably should have stayed dead. We nearly got him all the way down, but by the end of it, most of us were naked.

I'm sure the $$$ repair bill pissed people off and I'm somewhat directly responsible for them having, say, 20 deaths instead of oh, 2... Ghagha had something like 24% debt at the end of the raid... but, is it wrong of me to find the whole thing completely hilarious? I mean, honestly, I feel bad, but I still start giggling at the thought of it - every couple seconds I'd see Ghagha creeeeeeep past me in his underwear, in slow motion, cast, and die again! Everywhere around us you could hear people keeling over "augharughhhhhh" then pop back up naked - it was... priceless.

/shame @ self

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home