Can't sleep! Trolls will eat me!
Long day tomorrow and of course I can't get tired enough to just go to bed.
So update it is.
First, off topic-ish, a *working* new video card finally arrived today, after the last one turned up DOA after shelling out 20$ for overnight shipping. /shakefist.
I got it installed and settings back to normal (relatively... new font though, which I have no idea how I managed that, so I'm blaming nvidia ;p) and things are much improved. Not playing on highest graphics but balanaced seems to work well overall bar the lag-trap that is zek and now TS docks.
Got talked into starting a character on the test server, as well, so I started a fighter there and she's ready to leave the island. It is ...quiet...over there. Which is nice - kill named mobs to your hearts content, there's no competition for them. I know it's harder at some lvls to find groups on a quiet server, but I really like that empty "no one's home" feeling to lvls sometimes (especially Nek Forest -soooo creepy), so Sarethi may be staying.
They're making changes to the water textures and it looks so, so nice. Floating bubbles, too. Maybe a bit too large, but a nice touch.
I thought about restarting Ninibi there but...I've worked so hard to get her to 50, I couldn't ask her to go backwards again so there'll only be one Nin.
These screenies are going to be screwed up tonight (I'll fix tomorrow after a restart) since when I quit the game once again, gamma went bananas and everything is washed out.
(well, deliberately photoshopped)
Nin, having an Isabeau d'Anjou (ala Ladyhawke) moment.

Moonlight Raiders get ready to go after ummm the king in permafrost...Draye k(did really well until a mistimed ag on the king himself and gradual wipeout. Still, we lasted longer than I expected and hooray for conjurer pets!):
(edit hehe oooooooops, I got my names mixed up and wrote "venekor" instead of "drayek"... "So you all gathered in everfrost to go fight a mob in CT... oook....")

Oikhall got stuck in the corner, so a few people thought they'd join him. :)

Um...do you need help, sir?

So...our hero the Shadowknight comes home from a long, weary day of raiding, grouping and running all over Norrath. He wades through a sea of dreadsnout pigs in the front room, takes off his boots and armor, crawls into bed and settles in blissfully. He breathes a deep sigh of relief that it's all over, he's still alive, and he can now let himself rest.
But as he starts to drift off to sleep, he senses he's not alone. A flicker of movement in the rafters above catches his eye and in the dimness, he can see the glint of two daggers and a long white braid... ;)
Careful Freeportians, check the beams before you sleep.

;)
So update it is.
First, off topic-ish, a *working* new video card finally arrived today, after the last one turned up DOA after shelling out 20$ for overnight shipping. /shakefist.
I got it installed and settings back to normal (relatively... new font though, which I have no idea how I managed that, so I'm blaming nvidia ;p) and things are much improved. Not playing on highest graphics but balanaced seems to work well overall bar the lag-trap that is zek and now TS docks.
Got talked into starting a character on the test server, as well, so I started a fighter there and she's ready to leave the island. It is ...quiet...over there. Which is nice - kill named mobs to your hearts content, there's no competition for them. I know it's harder at some lvls to find groups on a quiet server, but I really like that empty "no one's home" feeling to lvls sometimes (especially Nek Forest -soooo creepy), so Sarethi may be staying.
They're making changes to the water textures and it looks so, so nice. Floating bubbles, too. Maybe a bit too large, but a nice touch.
I thought about restarting Ninibi there but...I've worked so hard to get her to 50, I couldn't ask her to go backwards again so there'll only be one Nin.
These screenies are going to be screwed up tonight (I'll fix tomorrow after a restart) since when I quit the game once again, gamma went bananas and everything is washed out.
(well, deliberately photoshopped)
Nin, having an Isabeau d'Anjou (ala Ladyhawke) moment.
Moonlight Raiders get ready to go after ummm the king in permafrost...Draye k(did really well until a mistimed ag on the king himself and gradual wipeout. Still, we lasted longer than I expected and hooray for conjurer pets!):
(edit hehe oooooooops, I got my names mixed up and wrote "venekor" instead of "drayek"... "So you all gathered in everfrost to go fight a mob in CT... oook....")
Oikhall got stuck in the corner, so a few people thought they'd join him. :)
Um...do you need help, sir?
So...our hero the Shadowknight comes home from a long, weary day of raiding, grouping and running all over Norrath. He wades through a sea of dreadsnout pigs in the front room, takes off his boots and armor, crawls into bed and settles in blissfully. He breathes a deep sigh of relief that it's all over, he's still alive, and he can now let himself rest.
But as he starts to drift off to sleep, he senses he's not alone. A flicker of movement in the rafters above catches his eye and in the dimness, he can see the glint of two daggers and a long white braid... ;)
Careful Freeportians, check the beams before you sleep.
;)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home