Half Elves Against Trelly

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What? Nooo don't take away my Tarton's Wheel...

So, I've been up to no good, when I can get 2 seconds to go be naughty, at any rate.

You didn't need that eyeball, did you Iorn?


Later, we're all in Permafrost, waiting for a member of the raid to arrive, standing in a "safe" corner. Everyone was figity and screwing around, so I uh, thought I'd give them something to do (yeah, that's right... /ponder I planned to do this...heh heh)... and equipped Tarton's Wheel. Tarton's Wheel can be used to teleport yourself around randomly and "lose hate" in a fight... assuming you're not somewhere where you may, say, teleport right into another mob (basically in a closed raid zone, from my perspective, but I could be wrong). I thought "I wonder how far it'll zap me" and cast just as I was thinking "oh shit, you're in PF, stupid!" and teleported right into a mob of ice golems.

On the bright side, it gave people something to do while they waited. :)

I'm the fluffy one on the left. ;) I'm flattered that Iorn was kind enough to face me and not hump me, as he did everything else that stood still in his path that night. Or should I take that as an insult... no, wait, he got me in lion form. /sigh



Holy Might has grown like crazy in the last week - we seem to be inviting new people every night. This is pretty wild, but we've been banging out raids pretty well. We've got Drayek nearly down to a 2 group raid from nearly 4, and it seems that when we lose one, we come back to win it the second trip, so we're doing darned well. the people making up our groups are awesome -all cooperative and willing to work together and make it happen - no showboating going on. There's some kinks of course, with things growing so fast, but it's working out pretty well overall, so I'm fairly happy with my decision to move (still adjusting a bit). I've managed to win a linen and Soul donated me his so I could get Nini 2 t5 +wisdom hex dolls - happy, happy, happy about it.

What really got me going last night and made my night, was the smaller raid on Drayek -I felt like a one girl juggling act running back and forth spot healing everywhere I felt needed it while trying to keep up with the MA on the adds - it was one of those things my Attention Deficit Disorder thrives on. When I waitressed, we called it "being in the weeds" when you were so busy you had no time to think about anything - I loved that (sick person I am), so that was a particularily fun raid.



The other evening, we headed down to Splitpaw to do Group Arena, and when I happened to look at my friend's list, I saw Syura in the Den (communal area with zone entrances, mender, etc. Reminds me of a campus cafeteria.). So, I thought I'd go visit... went around the corner and found him sitting there afk.

Hmmmm now... if you had invis...what would YOU do?



I was having great fun until someone in my group around the corner buffed and broke my invis. :\

I was going to photoshop my tags out -but it looks almost...more amusing the way it is.

They dangled Spider Stance master in front of Ple and she keeled on me.


My Dirge was attacked by the rare streaking orc - I can debunk the idea right now that getting naked distracts your opponant. He's still dead.:


Xandris has a group half elf illusion...and Soulstyce (normally a ratonga) came out looking pretty darned cute!


Bless you, my child..


Ple and I are along on raids for troop morale...yeah...that's it. /smoochie






As it turns out, if you pre-order the expansion for EQ2 at EB or Best Buy or wherever, you get a nice empty box and a piece of paper with your Monkey Code.

Put in your monkey code, and all your characters can claim a monkey for a pet.

So, I'm swimming in monkeys now... Nini's monkey would not take the name Sango, or Toto-sai (I'm an Inu-Yasha fan, in case you wonder)...it wouldn't even take Sam. I finally typed in "Goddamn Monkey" and... it stayed. :\ So Nini's monkey is just the Goddamn Monkey.

Because Syura clearly does not have enough pets in his room...


I had my Rogue add her monkey to the mix. ;) (I got a tell the next morning "What the hell is this monkey in my room?" - I'm amazed he even found it in there in the first place, considering. There's a hellhound puppy in there, somewhere, too.)

Turns out, since he can't pick it up, he does have the option to destroy it (even though it's no trade no destroy) -since it is in his house and not his pet. We didn't realize this and I was encouraging him to try it (we thought it was just a regular option and the monkey would throw a tantrum or something) until Nini took at look at hers and found no "destroy" option in the pet menu and realized that'd kill the monkey. *panic* Ack!! Don't do it!

They are ruthlessly cute, though. Too bad you can't carry them on your shoulder. :P Noisy though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home