Half Elves Against Trelly

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fraps, you make me sad.

Fraps failed me...or, I'm a dork and hit the wrong button. Both are possible.

Imagine my horror and perverse delight in finding out a new and exciting detail in the game.

Our boobs bounce.

No, really. Get a female charecter to jump in front of you - when they land, boozonga! Their boobs shall bounce. Albeit, in the unnatural psychadelic slowness of a lavalamp glooping back into place. Either way, the overall effect is mesmerizing.

And so, our entire group was derailed while the tank waited patiently for the four females to jump up and down and stare at each other's breasts. We found that even the gnomes, with their thimblesized A cups, had some sproing of their own.

I will step out on a limb here and theorize that the Devs are again, boys, and thought "Hm, what's better than bouncing boobs? Slow motion bouncing boobs!"

The tank: "I have never met four women as fixated with their boobs as I am... I mean as men are"

This whole ^ debacle could be compared, maybe, to lingerie clad models having a giggling pillow fight, but rather than jumping around in thongs and other assorted lacy things and giggling, we were all garbed in a mix of sweaty canvas, leather, plate and other bloodsplattered, smelly and disgusting gimp gear. Two of us were sporting the 1337 Dreaks Finely Crafted Level 1 Uber Bracelet of Nerdness that you get for cleaning up the trash he left laying around the tradeskill instance on newbie isle. W3rd.

Further, some of us had died a couple times and been brought back to life (there's tousled, and then there's tousled)... Periodically, fanatical Thexians lept from their corners to attack us (boobs, giggling and other expressions of cheer are frowned upon in Fallen Gate).

On second thought, this might be just the ticket to the battle hungry Barbarians and Ogres... I'd say trolls as well, but I think this might whet their appetite in a whole different manner. o0


Speaking of strange tastes, I neglected to knock when walking into Senja's apartment and interrupted an intimate moment between her palm tree and my carniverous plant.

"Ooo... your fronds tickle my roots!"


*pimp* The Everquest Companion: The Inside Lore of a Gameworld*pimp*

^ This is an *awesome* book. I picked mine up brand new for about 4.50 (including shipping). It is a must have for any EQ player, and further, not a bad idea for people who are curious as to what is so compelling about the game.


Guild news - I'm thinking of retiring from raiding. Why? Because everytime I take a night off, they kill something huge. @#$!@#$! !! /kick can /grumble I'm a jinx! and jealous, but PROUD as hell... GREAT job on Tarinax guys!! Grats on the Claymore Rewards for those of you persistant (masochistic) enough to finish it. :D

Grats to Trianii on your spe...ichor filled helm. ;D


Carpet Guy 3... you know, the one where the Carpet Dealer gives you a friendly note to deliver, that says something like "the messenger thinks you smell funny and you suck, you should kill him!"?

I remember wiping on this guy with a full group. This time it was myself (51 Brig), Audra's 53 Monk and Soul mentored down. We'd had a non-guildy fingerwaggler in the group, who, lacking faith in our unorthedox Named Tackling Technique, hit his power button and went Linkdead when he saw a plate tank and army of healers was not forthcoming.



Returning to the carpet guy to hear his shady song and dance as to why he tried to get me killed, and won't give me my @#$@ carpet.



SOE humor prevails:



So the other night we were in Labs...we'd just killed Gorenaire and ran into Labs afterwards, somewhat on a lark. We had some people missing, some had gone to bed, and there was some goofing off and silliness...and in my case, my short attention span started zapping and popping like a loose wire near a puddle.

So, in a private chat channel, I said "hey, truth or dare!"
Mikial, maybe not paying attention, maybe possessed by something perverse, said "dare."

We're at the Corsolander room, and starting to clear. I said "I dare you to train down to vyemm" "now?" "yeah!"

We egg him on, he stands around. I figure he's wussing out. The tank pulls the next mob & Shag announces: "Mik's MA"
Trianii "Mik's dead."

I so, so wish I'd had ventrilo recording...

Shag (stumped): "He is?"
Someone: "What's he doing down there?"
Shag (incredulity in his voice): "Did you just Leeroy??"
Mik: "I did."
Audra, Wispa and myself: off ventrilo, laughing ourselves to tears



Droag1: "he's dead"
Droag2: "nuh uh, I'm not falling for that anymore"
Droag1: "no really, see?" *pick up hand, drop it* "dead as a doornail"
Droag2: "yeah, but remember what happened to those guys on Splitpaw..."

Another pimp for Lesca's comics here)

He could have got away with bs'ing he'd lagged off into the room, however, he has a Tsunami macro set up that announces to the group and raid Tsunami is up...and he'd hit it in ye grande sprinte. Shag caught it and while the raid was somewhat confused by this strange behavior, we continued on.

Truth & Dare went a few rounds, everyone else being smart enough to pick "truth" after Mik's debacle. But, not a man to reveal himself, Mik stuck stubbornly to dare and his turn came again. We're standing on the stairs, looking at the jabbery beholder dude and his buddies. Audra dares him to sing "You are my sunshine" on ventrilo.

We start heading down the stairs. From the depths of randomness itself, Mikial starts to sing. Shrieking with laughter off vent, I griped in chat: "In the public channel!" thinking he was using the ventrilo whisper key to get away with it... there was no response from the raid, they were all quietly heading in to kill the mob. Surely they heard it, right?

I mistook their silence - they heard him all right. They were just stumped and had no clue what on earth was going on and why Mik was singing at them.

My turn came around again and Audra got me, I picked dare out of sympathy for Mik's embarassing antics, and had to debauch Falada's honor by running naked through Qeynos Harbor with a red torch on, selling my 'wares.' We ended up drawing a small crowd. We dragged more into our den of madness and grabbed Poofe, Shaggis and Melechi (along with Reb who'd joined midway through Mik's antics).

Shag had to announce his needs for a mystic and the sorry state of his fluffy pink bunny on which he cries himself to sleep nightly, for want of said mystic. It actually seemed to work...mystics kept coming up to him in Q Harbor afterwards. One laid the flirt on. There was a duel for her (his?) honor:



This went on late into the night. I think some of us just gave up on sleep all together. Too much fun. :D


Just to clarify, for any of you HM'ers that may read this and get inspired: we're all still bound by the charter & code of conduct. No dares that could backfire on the guild, please.

Also, Shag is on to the game & wierd antics during raids will likely be noticed. Pbllllt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home