Half Elves Against Trelly

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

/BARK!

A link to one of our wierd escapades...

The Holy Might Summer Iditerod!

I thought that planning it would take the fun out of it for people, but luckily this didn't turn out to be the case. More than likely saved by Aram's warped sense of humor.

Falada dinged 70 a bit ago. :D A little surreal... I never expected to cap any of my alts past Nin, but Fala's always been one of my favorites. I thought I'd immediately get bored playing her as soon as she capped, but nope. She's fun to go run around and I can mentor down as I please and get other things done. FD, wander afk, come back, go back to work.

Now I'm looking over the rest of the alts and pondering which one to go after levelling. So, the SK is getting the love and my poor Brigand stays on the shelf for now. I just...love...soloing with the SK. She can take down named mobs on her own - who can ask for more?

I like her so much that I bankrupted Nin and Falada both to buy her a fancy schmancy horse. /doh

Realized her piercing/crushing are both at 0, so picked up a spear and went to work poking things... unexpected probem with the spear (harpoon?):


The other night, I'm out in Commonlands and accidentally agged an extra group of dervishes. They came after me with a vengeance, and this one chased me all the way around from the dervish camp (far in the corner by druid ring) over to Terrathud's tower:



She wouldn't stop following me so I finally decided to kill her and get it overwith:



I get her to 50% health and she goes all PvP on me and takes off running:



Some assassin. I'm thinking Rhav...ranger!

Speaking of PvP, Sarethi is no more. I went over, sold off everything, sent the money to a friend and deleted her. I couldn't balance PvP and PvE & decided it was best to nuke the temptation to even try. If I play a toon, I want to be playing her a lot, and with no cross server chat, it alienated me from my friends on BB and the guild. For me, I either have to be all or the other, so I picked sticking with friends I have, vs. starting over. She went out with her Destroyer title still...not like she really earned it, anyway. LOL (lot of grouping kills vs. any solo exploits)

And so the question becomes - wtf do you do on PvE? Other than raid... oo and sidetrack: the guild got Vyemm and HD down with little trouble at all, so we're back on track with raiding again. Feels soooooo good... we'd had to backtrack and basically start fresh with zones we'd cleared and beat and it was a tough pill to swallow, but patience pays off. Yay!

So there's raiding... and then there's alts...and older quests and exploring zones I never really checked out much with Nin and Fala... and then... there's booze....

I went over to Audra's room one night to rearrange her furniture and sort it out a bit. She's got a keg in there. While she, myself and Snipit (Wispa's gnome) were hanging around talking decorating stuff, Gudrun and Rebel were in Graystone Yard getting hammered at the bar. So, Ventrilo was a conversation of their drunkchat and our "oh I love that lamp! oo that's so nice!"


One of them realized Audra had a keg in her room... and so the Barbarians moved the party to the Baubleshire.

Snipit had already been into the booze so we figured why not? And jumped in, too.


We decided to take the party on the road, trying to get our alcohol tolorance up...and aimed to hit the door of every bar in Qeynos (or the wall next to the door, as it were - if you aim just right, you can sort of bounce off the wall and roll around the doorway). I bought some dresses to get all fancied up in...we were too drunk to see the holes in the fabric on the backside, and we stepped out.

"We'll go to Willow Wood first!" Reb says, so we all head off from the Bauble to WW... I zone in, all fancy and happy, and realize... I'm not in Willow Wood.

"Where is everyone? Come to think of it...where am I?"
Ventrilo: "oh, hey... I'm in the ruins."


Finally managed to stagger in to Willow Wood and find my fellow drunks, for once, boozier than the alcohol saturated Trelly Greenfoot.



We decided to head back through Elddar Grove, and Audra, looking at 4 of herself, picked the wrong one to cross the bridge:



I think we drank in NQ. I remember something about casting Cheetah and running into a lamppost.

By some miracle, found the SQ Bar:


And 4 bartenders!


Too many shots...


Scraped ourselves up off the floor and went to Rebs. I think we went to Gudrun's, too, but it's blurry... we went to Nini's but her keg went missing.





From there we hit Q Harbor and Audra got lost, to which I thought I had a chance of catching up to her... I'm clicking away, trying to get my alcohol tolorance up, and they're chirping out their numbers, way ahead.

She beat me by mere seconds to 150. :
The night wrapped up in Castleview Hamlet...I think. Could be Graystone Yard...I don't really remember. There was something about not logging off because of hangovers, and so I crashed somewhere.

I woke up in my alt's room on the rug, under the guilt mongering stares of the judges:


Turns out I had that Beholder pet with me all night. I had no idea. @@


Officer meetings in Holy Might are held under the sea:



Drafting Yadinal in Feerrot:


The secret of Holy Might Healer's success:



Vyemm raid (from woodwind's post)
Woodwind: "Where's his corpse?"
(Long pause...)
Mikial: "You can't see it?"
Glenwind: "It's bloody huge!"

Maybe because he's 25 feet up on a rafter? o0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home