Half Elves Against Trelly

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Run? RUN!

Screenies tomorrow...er...later today... must...sleep soon...

The theme of late has been "How My Coins Jingle When the Mender Takes Them" by the Debt Encrusted Wailers.

I love it when I die and everyone evacs from Permafrost (SOE, give us a closer respawn point c'mon!), there's one person left behind who manages to scramble away from the clutches of angry Kromise Giants and live...and I didn't give them the feather.

(ohhhh how I wish I could remember Tristran's Death Haiku about the healer feather. Some people, btw, are not fond of death haiku, but y'know, it's something creative to do while your group runs off mobs on their way back to your corpse)


Oh yeah, what was I saying...

We went to Lavastorm tonight. A lot. On the third (fourth? no I think third...) trip, we joined up with a pally and monk, picked up the H quests for Ple and started whacking away at Goblins and crawlers. Fun group, we were cheesing it up and having a good time.


We came around the bend to a group of Goblins...white ^^ main guy, ^ side and a couple lackeys...but for some reason it was epix x2. Hm. Want to try it? Eh what the hell, if all else fails we run for it, or say, die.

So, we get going on the mob and at one point, I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to keep up with the Pally's health...he used his emergancy heal and my heals were barely keeping him in the orange (think I nearly lost him all together once). Ever the decision maker, I said: "Run."

Then stood there and kept on healing...

I know, it's a no-no.

As it happened, I managed to keep him alive and we finished the mob off. woo!

Here's the log, with names omitted and large chunks of narrative like "you squeal like a little girl and run like the dickens!" removed.

Realizing we've got it beat:
You say to the group,"ok don't run"
You say to the group,":o)"

*smacketh put down (gently), mob dead, chest pops*

Pally\/a says to the group,"lol we bad"

This is a jinx!

Rule number 1 for beating wierd looking mobs in EQ2:

Don't dance on a grave until you're sure all the bones are in it.

Rule number 2:

Look behind you, there's something very big and ugly standing there waiting to eat you. Trust me.


I breathe a sigh of relief and a YELLOW ^^^ dude pops.

You say to the group,"RUN" (this is where I dropped my celebratory glass of 7-UP and ran like the Prom Queen with Carrie hot on my tail)

a Fiery Apparition's Harm Touch hits Monk1 for 1662 points of disease damage.
Monk1's Nettleshield Thorns hits a Fiery Apparition for 13 points of divine damage.

(Fury buffs are teh uber, I say...ok it's a gray buff, I don't know why I still use it)

A Fiery Apparition takes reprisal damage!
Monk1 writhes in agony.

a Fiery Apparition hits YOU for 412 points of crushing damage.
YOU try to smite a Fiery Apparition with Bristles, but a Fiery Apparition resists.

Monk2\/a says to the group,"holy poop"

YOU heal YOURSELF for 44 hit points.
The ruddy glow fades from Monk2's group (replaced with the wan glow of fear? the jewelike luster of panic?)
a Fiery Apparition's Ire hits YOU for 769 points of divine damage.
a Fiery Apparition tries to crush YOU, but YOU parry. (good luck, sister)

And isn't this rich:

You yell for help!
You must target a member of the encounter you need help defeating.

(*madly hits tab, targeting every ore -oo ore! - and arbor in the area, but not the yellow ^^^, of course*)

You begin to sprint. (because you sure as hell don't have time to stop and cast Cheetah...hahaha)
a Fiery Apparition tries to crush YOU, but misses.

I'll leave out the part where I run smack through a mob of goblins.

a Fiery Apparition hits YOU for 736 points of crushing damage.
YOUR Bristles hits a Fiery Apparition for 20 points of divine damage.

You are no longer sprinting.

Monk1 triggers the trap on a treasure chest!
Pally says to the group,"where ya running to ?"

You say to the group,"anywhere?"

a Fiery Apparition tries to crush YOU, but misses.

YOUR Bristles hits a Sootfoot gatherer for 21 points of divine damage.
a Fiery Apparition hits YOU for 998 points of crushing damage.

The untamed spirit leaves you.
Your savagery begins to fade.
Your energy returns to normal. (for a dead chick)
Your energy returns to normal.
Your body returns to normal. (normal is apparantly room temperature)
The barbs fall from your body.
Your quills fall away.
The spirit of the wolf leaves you.
a Fiery Apparition has killed you.

Pally shares in your experience debt.
Monk1 shares in your experience debt.
Monk2 shares in your experience debt.

Monk1 wins the lotto for fulginate platemail pauldrons.



Immediately after the Monk won the lotto, the mob zero'd in on him and he was dead. No one had seen him at all until he killed the monk. So, as far as they knew, we won the fight, then Nini went plumb nuts, yelled RUN and took off.



On another note, it's amazing how that little arrow next to your health bar can give IRL you a little energy boost. Once that vitality is gone though, sucks the life right out of you to see how slow it advances (if at all). Nin is on vacation for a day or two until she gets some spring back in her step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home