Half Elves Against Trelly

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Screenies 15

At lvl 40 or so (maybe 41), Furies get a speed buff called Pact of the Cheetah, which boosts our group's speed (provided they're standing on top of us when we cast) to 40% for 30 seconds.

It's good for running across zones and jboots races. Good luck getting everyone in one spot to cast it when you're running from a fight...much less stopping to cast it yourself.

If you're not familiar with EF, a geographical reference: you zone in to a bridge on an iceberg in the middle of the water. To the left across shark infested water is one half of the zone, and to the right through shark infested water, is a cave leading to the other half of the zone. No matter what you do, you're going to have to swim for it and watch for sharks. They're are about the same color as the water and the water is like san francisco fog. Good luck! The good news is, you can usually call for help and out-run them by the time you get to the other side. Except for one.

I was grouped with a Conjurer (Oikhall) and we needed to get from the right side (cave) over to the left. We're leaving the cave, I speed buff us and we zip off. I hit autorun so I can reply to something Oi said, start typing...and, before I could get a chance to swerve (and believe me, I tried), I ran smack into Dreadwake...white, three arrows up, and a mouthful of teeth.

I typed: "crapwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

He got me down to a bare fraction of red on the health bar in one snap, I swam a few strokes, thought (ha! just like JAWS) "I might make it!" ...and he finished me off. d'oh

I respawned on the beach we'd been headed to anyway, but now had to go back and get my shard.



I was standing up by the respawn tent, rebuffing and joking. There were other people closer to the beach than I was...and I looked over to see Dreadwake right off the shore.

And he saw me. Jumped out of the water, came up on the beach and ate me.



Chat text:
Oi (too late): "crap run"
Dead Nin: "lolol ohhhhhhhhh my god!"
Dead Nin: "yeah I'm runnin!"



When I finally went to get Shard #1, Oikhall helpfully supplied the Jaws theme from the shore. (he did give me invis though, I forgot to mention)

I made a new macro for unexpected attacks by nameds: "/gsay crapwwwwwwwwwwww"

(secondary macro for "running into a non named, but still lethal, mob...then dying" "/gsay aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadoh")



Late last night I joined a group in Feerrott. I was already getting irritated with the tanks not bothering to even try getting the agro off me (green mob, and not doing any damage when they hit me, but I kept getting interrupted, which means I can't freakin heal anyone who needs it) & getting ready to bail when we got a mob pop and wiped out as a group. It was mayhem and the respawn point was Cazic Thule (whose idea WAS that?).

I ran back to get my shard and res the group, and before I could res anyone, I got agro'd, rooted and killed before I could run them off. The whole group revived and the minute I was standing, I got whomped to death by a wandering construct...once again trying to run and unable, thanks to a hearty clomp to the noggin. (soooooooo frustrated at this point)

It always amazes me when group members tell you to run as you're being killed...like you haven't thought of this... and then they repeat themselves as though you just haven't heard them or are too stupid to listen.

*monster stuns you and beats you down as you try to run away*
Dork: Run Nini!
*monster still beating you, you're not responding to group chat because you have the forward button mashed and are also trying to hit the call for help button*
Dork: Run!
Nini (thinks): OMG! I hadn't thought of that, thank you!

Truly, there would be less debt in the world if we just listened to this guy.


Back to screenies:

"Agro on me" has whole new meaning. ow!


Num & Ple try to teach Billy Riverdance:


Billy demonstrates his new moves:


For 3 plat, you'd think your horse wouldn't spook so easy:




Kids play this game, too, y'know!


Um.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home