Half Elves Against Trelly

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

More

I caffienated myself by accident...so there's more.


So the other night, we're working on The Teachings of Yoru Heritage Quest. At one point in the Quest, you go to Zek, EL, Feerrott, etc. and hail a NPC, then he goes apesh#t on you and attacks. You have to beat him for credit blah blah. We went to get the guy in the Feerrott, and got wiped out. During the fight, the tanks were getting thrown into a nearby lake.

*punt*
*splash*
"OMG!"

A couple of us were on Skype talking, and it was mentioned that the one in Zek is at the top of a tower, and was known to throw people off the tower.

Fast forward a day or two, and I'm out clearing up quests in Zek. I'm doing the Bootstrutter's Guide to the Badlands and you have to go to the top of the Lookout: a gigantic tall tower in Zek with a path that spirals up around it.

You can see where this is going, right?

I get to the top, and think "hm, who is this guy standing here?" ...so I hail him.
I get two text options...the one is "Wise words" which ends the conversation, the other is something about a test...? I think "hm, I wonder what that does..."

Selected it, and he disappears. I think "eh, I wonder what's going to spawn, and how bad it's going to be..." then I think "wait... the other night..." and it finally dawns on me as he spawns, yellow ^^, and decks me right off the tower.

You'd think your stomach wouldn't drop out in a game, but that's a TALL tower. I flew up, into the air... and skidded across the sky on my ass. Then, like Wile E. Coyote, I kinda hung there for a second thinking "oh shit..." before plummeting to the ground. Safe bet Nin was pure mush by the time she hit dirt.

To add insult to injury, the respawn point "closest" is on the other side of the mountians...and there's no way through them, so you have to go alllll the way around the map to get back. Blech.

My shard (white thingy on the right, for non EQ'ers) and the base of the tower.


Standing where my shard was, looking up at the tower.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home