Half Elves Against Trelly

Friday, August 24, 2007

Woo, a new post!

It's only been what, 5 months? Lots of drafts I couldn't bring myself to post, going through various stages of angst. Angst is a drag.

I'm still raid leader for HM. :)

That can be summed up (affectionately) in this clip:



I cannot watch this without cracking up. My husband found it for me and played it on vent one night when I was having a tough time getting the 'cats' rounded up.

They are awesome, though, and when they hit their groove they kick ass.

OK, the 5 BILLION screenies I've been piling up over all this time - and I don't think I even found the bottom of 'em all.

OK, let's get this baby off the ground!


Venekor targets Gus before we even start a fight. Maybe she knows what happens to people who fight with Gus (dead or pregnant, there are your options ;)).


"oh crap!"


Fixed! (overkill!)


Valltor visits the bank after raids. :)


Ruffians! Stop blocking the highway!


Hey kids! It's The Wyce Show!



North Freeport Library at night (pretty!)

North Freeport Library at night, different angle.

Gus and Rei hang out between ubahguild pulls on a contested.



Sault chases "the crappiest camel herder that ever was" through the desert.
This guy runs laps while his camels hang out down one end of the oasis, shooting the breeze.


"...Fourscore and seven years ago, I stood on the steps of Castle Mistmoore... a young dwarf, new in the ways of the world..."



Farmer gripe:

Good luck doing your Prismatic 2.0 quests if you're level appropriate. The farmers in Living Tombs are hostile little bastards.

I went in there with my lowbie dirge to work on the Living Tombs quests and things got ugly. They'd try to KS, train me, or lag me out... ok, I'm one level 50 or 51 dirge - I can only handle one group of undead zombies at a time with my uber dps, do you REALLY fucking need to hassle me? I stuck to one corner and didn't budge from it. It turned into a flat out battle. At one point, one of 'em went all the way over to the other side of the zone, charmed a tundra terror type mob, and brought him all the way back over to park on me, then yelled it off, trying to get it to agro me.

By that time, I'd got fed up & started petitioning and reporting the piss out of them & boxed out a level 70 conjurer to clear so I could get my updates. The tundra terror was gray to her, and Sault was invis. So it just sat there next to me while the guy stood there yelling for help trying to train me. lol

The GM got one batch and I got to watch them all LD in front of me.

They were back at it the next morning when I started working on the quest again. I finally had the pet pick up everything in sight and countercleared, petitioned them and (spite!) snagged their named while I was at it.

The farmer 'issue' is aggravating enough, but getting to the point you can't progress a quest w/o getting higher level help due to them swarming a zone (then harassing you because they think they can get away with it) is frigging ridiculous.

They get booted for a few days and come back again...meanwhile, all the older zones are flooded. In barren sky the other night, there was literally one or more on each island, grabbing piles of arrow down mobs and AE'ing them.

And they say they want to set up RoK so that all the overland mobs are solo? HAHA farmers rejoice!


Aw, there goes one! /bye



Terror was up one night & a couple people were helping me get an update. Shag brought out his 2 extra toons & we thumped her.



Superpet to the rescue!


This one is from the guide toon & totally stumps me - I have no idea what I said to trigger the spam filter... "hello this is" maybe? lol But hey, cheap entertainment for the players.



Note to self...don't park people for an afk in front of a wall that needs to be blown up... or maybe...park them closer... ^^


Trunk got bored, left.


Audra's fae gets stuck.





Chests don't get fall into floors...oh no!



Smart Customer Service night:

A while back we killed Cheldrak and the chest popped under the world - so we had to petition a GM to come help. None turned up till after the chest rotted and we'd left the zone, so the GM just told me in the petition what items had dropped & asked me who he should loot them to. A master, a Shaman piece and Chel'Drak's hoop.

His what? There's no Chel'Drak's hoop...?

I went looking anyway and couldn't find it anywhere. Asked in the chat channels and they're like "uhhhhh...maybe his ring?" Nope, the GM tells me it's an earring called chel drak's hoop and here are the stats. It seems like a decent scout earring and we're all laughing over this 'hoop' business thinking maybe by some off chance it has just never dropped. We bid on the item so I know who to tell the GM to loot it to, and I win it.

Here is "Chel'Drak's "hoop":
Crystal Earring of the Stars

Which...the GM ALSO neglected to mention has +8 to defense on it. Since I couldn't get a link for it beforehand, and had no idea, it was a no-trade piece autolooted to my bags. So now my brig is running around with a tank earring on. /thumbsup

To make things better, when I told him who to loot the shaman item to (the MT defiler) he tells me that person was not in the raid for the kill and therefore may not have the item.

ONE: the zone has late entry, even if he wasn't there for the kill, we could have run him in for it.

TWO: In the screenshot I attached to the picture of the chest, it SHOWS the defiler in the group and the kill text with his name in it. Good grief!

I wrote him back and told him to look at the danged screenshot - this defiler misses one raid per every 6 months, there's no way in CRAP you're not giving him the item he deserves. He finally had the item looted to him, but by that time, I was understanding a bit more of the rant threads on EQ2flames & player frustrations.


Hrmph.


It's a good thing we keep Elu busy typing what WE say during raids, otherwise he'd have more time to type his own observations... ;D


Say what?





Um, look before you bonk, Dellta!





She's...too...tall..for you! NO!



I decided to make a new fae one day. I mentioned this on vent, logged off, made her and set about harassing the (then) guild leaders.

This was funny in itself (well, Audra was not pleased!), but at the same time I was pretending to be one of those obnoxious "invite plz" noobs, it started happening to ME when a guy wanted me to help him start a guild and wouldn't go away. I couldn't shake him off (lol note the times between group chat and tells), so finally ended up helping them go start their guild.

I even went and put in a special application to Holy Might... I wish I'd kept that one, I was so proud of it.




I have to say, one good thing about switching mains - no one pesters me for a F'ing port on a brigand!!




The finale... note officer chat.

Here's how druids fly, Sumoner...straight down. Yes, I finally gave in and ported him.





Glen is somewhere invis, but the pet ain't!


No comment.



I fell out of Freeport.

Sanitarium (Roady) was running around getting himself killed. Not sure what Rayyn put in his food but the gerbils were active that day.






Things that sometimes don't make it into guild chat, in favor of the audience's sensibilities:


Random channel chat chatter:


I suspect we'll pay for this.


Arasai are BRIGHT.


No Inspector Clouseau, I do not know where the Pink Panther is hidden.


OW?!


Warg parking.


Run doggies!


East Freeport lag causes a messy NPC pileup.


Interesting wall art in CT.


Dog!



Dissonant takes out his pent up Troubadour Aggression on the only thing a Troubadour can beat up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home