Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
So EoF is FINALLY here complete with giant beautiful zones that are also, cleverly, rat mazes. :)
Good: We have horses that look like horses and not some fancy rideable beanbag toys. Yay!
Bad: They're all slightly undersized for their riders. Great if you're a fan of Arabians, but when you see a fat Dwarf in heavy armor perched on something that looks like a greyhound...
Good: They jump! They rear! They whinny ferociously!
Bad: They also play pattycake.
Good: GADGETS! Ooo Gadgets galore with the gnome tinkering. Things that make you sink, fly, play dead and do the robot.
Bad: odd class specific stipulations on some of the gadgets and the two new tradeskills: Transmuting and Tinkering, are some of the most punishing yet (I'm really not sure this is actually bad, given some crafters were bent out of shape they'd made crafting so "easy"). Ran Shag about 100 plat to max out his Transmuting. It's going to take audra roughly 10,500 loams or so to max out her Tinkering.
Good: Druids have portals! Mages have spires! Wooo fast travel! Incoming, 5 billion lvl 25 druids/mages.
Bad: "come get me!" I don't mind at the moment, but I suspect this is going to be hung in The Great Ninibi Hall of Pet Peeves along with "I should have Vim" "Give me Agitate!" "Invis!"
Entertaining: A new way to hint someone's working your nerves: /cast random portal /point /tapfoot
I was thinking, also, this makes a conveniant (though rude) way to leave that group that's getting you killed and pushing your buttons, and it made me think of all those Sol Eye runs I got dragged along to invis people on.
Way back in T5, Syura (then duo buddy) was working on his prismatic & Nini was the invis bot to get to Naggy. I started working on the quest as well and had him come with me, so between the two of us, there were a lot of long runs through Sol Eye and I got to know it pretty well (To give you an indication: I still get lost - really truly honestly turned around - in the Down Below running from one suburb to another. I don't get lost running through Sol Eye.).
Shortly after this & umpteen solo Naggy run's later, Flagdad & Co. started working on the quests as well. Flag needed a group inviser, so he'd ask (read: guilt trip) me to come out and help, and then micromanage, telling me when to invis, when to uninvis, where to go, where to stop. It drove me freakin nuts & he never took the hint to knock it the hell off. He had to do it HIS way & demanded we autofollow him, but he lagged out and LD'd in SE like crazy, so every trip down there with him was a nightmare.
We'd get to the bridge (you know, THE bridge) and people would shoot off in all directions. It's one of those things I wish to this day I'd had fraps for, because in retrospect it's hilarious, but at the time it was frustrating and a huge timesink. Particularily with shards to fetch - we'd always get some smartass scout saying "I can invis myself!" and running off finding his own way, and of course he'd find himself *lost* and get killed and we'd have to go wandering through the rat maze to find the shard and he'd do it again right off the bat. I don't even remember which one of the scouts it was, but somewhere there's a special place in my heart for him that involves his chainmail and dangling from one those giant magnets you see in junkyards...
At any rate, by the time we'd get to the glass walkways, I'd be fantasizing about just jumping off into the lava and leaving them stranded halfway down. I always wussed out - every time. Every second of the trip I thought of it, and thought "just jump...jump! GO!" but there were always good people in the group that I liked and I was hobbled by my conscience. I wanted to see them get their weapons and would have felt this {} big stranding them because one weenie had to be a PITA. So I'd nurture my little fantasy and shower it in affection, and keep it locked away in the dark, shrivelled corner of my evil little heart.
Anyhoo! /cough
Good: Druids have ROOT! Ooh sweet Tunare! I may be able to get some quests done without begging for help. happy happy joy joy!
Bad: It's too good to be true. I cannot accept this happiness without expecting the nerfbat! How long do we have to enjoy this? How many quests can I get done!
I went off to test the new root out on the Scaled Protector. He still whupped my butt - disease resists not high enough, still...but I did better than I expected, getting him to 50% before he jumped on my head and ran off. I had solo'd green three arrow ups on my own and meant to try the blue ^^^'s in PoA with Nin, but never got to it (too busy running around trying to whack things with Falada). I'd have never tried a green named, before (I'm too cautious. :( ).
Rena came out and helped me squish him after this:

Back to Claymore Quests for Nin for the resist gear & AA.
I'm loving the new AA lines, as well, the problem is I want to pick all of them - so much better than last time around where it was a struggle to find one good one.
Ok I have to be completely honest here, I'm not a fan of Jethel and his EQ parody music. I understand and respect that some of you may like it, and he's enjoying himself, and so this is a great thing. /thumbsup
That said, it ain't my cuppa tea.
Normally, also, the Bard flutes lutes and stringed instrument thing doesn't ring my bell - I hear a tamborine, and start humming "Brave Sir Robin."
However, last night, I checked out this guy's thread, started listening to the first mp3 and downloaded all of 'em. They're great! /thumbsup
The Bard's Songbook
Unlike Elphaba's fancy shoe wearin sister and the house that smushed her flat, the dieties decided something a little smaller was in order for gnomes who overnuke:

Nin's patchwork armor, last raid before Expansion Day:

(My husband on Ventrilo, when I put the vest on: "That makes your boobs stand out!"
Shag: "And the raid is derailed..."
What is with SOE and Boob-centric armor?
Ok, y'know, forget I asked that.)
I need to get a pic of the new guild cloaks Audra put together. She went and screenied about 100 different cloaks and posted them for officers to narrow down before we put 6 up for a vote to the guild. HUGE amount of work for her.
My own improvisation on ministering to corrupted druids... (not a success)

Nice mispelled shoutout to Alton Brown, THE MAN!

Vineblade: "Who is Megaira? She just ran past me..."
Me, having just evidently run past Vine: "eh? Where are you?"
Vineblade: "Up here...I'm stuck..."
Me, immediately backpedalling: "Seriously? I have to see this..."
We love Vine. He's our youngest guild member (we're an NC17 & up, guild, but he squeaked in before the lock) and a menace to society. :)

I always love the sarcastic comebacks they give you in quest dialogs:

Ok, so not only am I not girl enough to go through with the "lavadive bail in sol eye" plot, I'm a total sucker. There are certian things in the game that get me all soppy and sentimental and inclined to feel guilty about killing a particular bundle of pixels.
Clockworks are my new Achille's Heel. :( There's good clockworks and bad (bad = clockwork menace! Though, he looks like an Ibo!).
These little guys stand there and shake as their rusty smoke belching motors clatter away - they're the old, abandoned previous generation clockworks, since replaced for newer better things. :( They remind me of old people - wizened, weakened and shuffling along. Watching them makes me SO freakin sad I cannot even say. /gulp



My favorite line of Quest Narration ever:

Nothing like a job well done... maybe...I think I did the right job, didn't I? Oh well, I feel good about myself!
Nightlife in Kelethin:

Meg and her new improved unsandbaggy Nightmare in Butcherblock Mountains:

A larger wallpaper image of the harbor from the cliff.
Other exciting things!
- The Muktuk Veil Mask is nerfed on Test. Ah well, we knew it was WAY too good to last, but at least we can still play with it in Loping Plains. *gibber*
- Loping Plains and Steamfont (Gnomeland Security!) get my vote for best zones of the expansion. Mineral Water Baths!
- Quest bugs galore! Why could I spawn the witch, and others cannot? Did she see through my fuzzy warm exterior to my inner harpy and find a kindred spirit, and therefore I was able to draw her forth? The mystery continues!
- "Lfay" & "Gfay" are, in fact, short for "Lesser Faydark" and "Greater Faydark," not Faeshizzle-speak. Oops!
- Shaggis starts a Fae and passes the blame to his 5 year old for the purple hair and curlique decorative wings. :D
- Gustavin is a kickass tank. Yes, I said "tank." I dunno how much caffiene he ingests to be going that many directions at once, but it's like watching someone in fast forward while we're all in slow motion. Swashbuckler tank, ftw!
- SOE made a zone with fake walls, for the fun of watching people run through them accidentally and ag whole rooms of mobs. I think, also, someone is recording how many people bump into real walls to see if they're fake.
- Leethal needs masters, and pants, and shoes, and socks, and probably your wallet, keys and watch, too... for his broker.
- Safer Fall is great! However, it still will not protect you if you fall off the acorn lift in Kelethin. Just so you know.
- Gnomish Stilts and Bouncy Boots are the best thing since the invention of chocolate. You want to see great things? Put the stilts on, get on your horse, jump!
- We determine that no indeed, deathcount is not an indication of lack of uberness. Bad logic, however, is.
- SOE has destroyed my Thanksgiving, since I've neglected to go buy a turkey by writing this blog.
- I've opted to hide my cloak on Reimani and Megaira as, any fighter knows that wearing a bedsheet tied around your neck into battle is a recipe for disaster. Fala still wears hers, since she's a fancy pants monk and can use her fancy ribbon of doom in some Jackie Chan style martial arts move.
- Arwenia did not, evidently, like the sig he commissioned. Hey, it's not my fault he plays a girl toon:

- Bloodywater's sig is up for consideration and possible tinkering:

The other two screenies that are atm, somewhat unfinished:


Next update:
The Incredible Inedible Quacker Yig! YO!
The Mystery of the Bad Ashen Monk Faction Solved!
More Pretty Screenies!
Vampire Fashions - Are They The New Norrathian Vogue?
Good: We have horses that look like horses and not some fancy rideable beanbag toys. Yay!
Bad: They're all slightly undersized for their riders. Great if you're a fan of Arabians, but when you see a fat Dwarf in heavy armor perched on something that looks like a greyhound...
Good: They jump! They rear! They whinny ferociously!
Bad: They also play pattycake.
Good: GADGETS! Ooo Gadgets galore with the gnome tinkering. Things that make you sink, fly, play dead and do the robot.
Bad: odd class specific stipulations on some of the gadgets and the two new tradeskills: Transmuting and Tinkering, are some of the most punishing yet (I'm really not sure this is actually bad, given some crafters were bent out of shape they'd made crafting so "easy"). Ran Shag about 100 plat to max out his Transmuting. It's going to take audra roughly 10,500 loams or so to max out her Tinkering.
Good: Druids have portals! Mages have spires! Wooo fast travel! Incoming, 5 billion lvl 25 druids/mages.
Bad: "come get me!" I don't mind at the moment, but I suspect this is going to be hung in The Great Ninibi Hall of Pet Peeves along with "I should have Vim" "Give me Agitate!" "Invis!"
Entertaining: A new way to hint someone's working your nerves: /cast random portal /point /tapfoot
I was thinking, also, this makes a conveniant (though rude) way to leave that group that's getting you killed and pushing your buttons, and it made me think of all those Sol Eye runs I got dragged along to invis people on.
Way back in T5, Syura (then duo buddy) was working on his prismatic & Nini was the invis bot to get to Naggy. I started working on the quest as well and had him come with me, so between the two of us, there were a lot of long runs through Sol Eye and I got to know it pretty well (To give you an indication: I still get lost - really truly honestly turned around - in the Down Below running from one suburb to another. I don't get lost running through Sol Eye.).
Shortly after this & umpteen solo Naggy run's later, Flagdad & Co. started working on the quests as well. Flag needed a group inviser, so he'd ask (read: guilt trip) me to come out and help, and then micromanage, telling me when to invis, when to uninvis, where to go, where to stop. It drove me freakin nuts & he never took the hint to knock it the hell off. He had to do it HIS way & demanded we autofollow him, but he lagged out and LD'd in SE like crazy, so every trip down there with him was a nightmare.
We'd get to the bridge (you know, THE bridge) and people would shoot off in all directions. It's one of those things I wish to this day I'd had fraps for, because in retrospect it's hilarious, but at the time it was frustrating and a huge timesink. Particularily with shards to fetch - we'd always get some smartass scout saying "I can invis myself!" and running off finding his own way, and of course he'd find himself *lost* and get killed and we'd have to go wandering through the rat maze to find the shard and he'd do it again right off the bat. I don't even remember which one of the scouts it was, but somewhere there's a special place in my heart for him that involves his chainmail and dangling from one those giant magnets you see in junkyards...
At any rate, by the time we'd get to the glass walkways, I'd be fantasizing about just jumping off into the lava and leaving them stranded halfway down. I always wussed out - every time. Every second of the trip I thought of it, and thought "just jump...jump! GO!" but there were always good people in the group that I liked and I was hobbled by my conscience. I wanted to see them get their weapons and would have felt this {} big stranding them because one weenie had to be a PITA. So I'd nurture my little fantasy and shower it in affection, and keep it locked away in the dark, shrivelled corner of my evil little heart.
Anyhoo! /cough
Good: Druids have ROOT! Ooh sweet Tunare! I may be able to get some quests done without begging for help. happy happy joy joy!
Bad: It's too good to be true. I cannot accept this happiness without expecting the nerfbat! How long do we have to enjoy this? How many quests can I get done!
I went off to test the new root out on the Scaled Protector. He still whupped my butt - disease resists not high enough, still...but I did better than I expected, getting him to 50% before he jumped on my head and ran off. I had solo'd green three arrow ups on my own and meant to try the blue ^^^'s in PoA with Nin, but never got to it (too busy running around trying to whack things with Falada). I'd have never tried a green named, before (I'm too cautious. :( ).
Rena came out and helped me squish him after this:
Back to Claymore Quests for Nin for the resist gear & AA.
I'm loving the new AA lines, as well, the problem is I want to pick all of them - so much better than last time around where it was a struggle to find one good one.
Ok I have to be completely honest here, I'm not a fan of Jethel and his EQ parody music. I understand and respect that some of you may like it, and he's enjoying himself, and so this is a great thing. /thumbsup
That said, it ain't my cuppa tea.
Normally, also, the Bard flutes lutes and stringed instrument thing doesn't ring my bell - I hear a tamborine, and start humming "Brave Sir Robin."
However, last night, I checked out this guy's thread, started listening to the first mp3 and downloaded all of 'em. They're great! /thumbsup
The Bard's Songbook
Unlike Elphaba's fancy shoe wearin sister and the house that smushed her flat, the dieties decided something a little smaller was in order for gnomes who overnuke:
Nin's patchwork armor, last raid before Expansion Day:
(My husband on Ventrilo, when I put the vest on: "That makes your boobs stand out!"
Shag: "And the raid is derailed..."
What is with SOE and Boob-centric armor?
Ok, y'know, forget I asked that.)
I need to get a pic of the new guild cloaks Audra put together. She went and screenied about 100 different cloaks and posted them for officers to narrow down before we put 6 up for a vote to the guild. HUGE amount of work for her.
My own improvisation on ministering to corrupted druids... (not a success)
Nice mispelled shoutout to Alton Brown, THE MAN!
Vineblade: "Who is Megaira? She just ran past me..."
Me, having just evidently run past Vine: "eh? Where are you?"
Vineblade: "Up here...I'm stuck..."
Me, immediately backpedalling: "Seriously? I have to see this..."
We love Vine. He's our youngest guild member (we're an NC17 & up, guild, but he squeaked in before the lock) and a menace to society. :)
I always love the sarcastic comebacks they give you in quest dialogs:
Ok, so not only am I not girl enough to go through with the "lavadive bail in sol eye" plot, I'm a total sucker. There are certian things in the game that get me all soppy and sentimental and inclined to feel guilty about killing a particular bundle of pixels.
Clockworks are my new Achille's Heel. :( There's good clockworks and bad (bad = clockwork menace! Though, he looks like an Ibo!).
These little guys stand there and shake as their rusty smoke belching motors clatter away - they're the old, abandoned previous generation clockworks, since replaced for newer better things. :( They remind me of old people - wizened, weakened and shuffling along. Watching them makes me SO freakin sad I cannot even say. /gulp
My favorite line of Quest Narration ever:
Nothing like a job well done... maybe...I think I did the right job, didn't I? Oh well, I feel good about myself!
Nightlife in Kelethin:
Meg and her new improved unsandbaggy Nightmare in Butcherblock Mountains:
A larger wallpaper image of the harbor from the cliff.
Other exciting things!
- The Muktuk Veil Mask is nerfed on Test. Ah well, we knew it was WAY too good to last, but at least we can still play with it in Loping Plains. *gibber*
- Loping Plains and Steamfont (Gnomeland Security!) get my vote for best zones of the expansion. Mineral Water Baths!
- Quest bugs galore! Why could I spawn the witch, and others cannot? Did she see through my fuzzy warm exterior to my inner harpy and find a kindred spirit, and therefore I was able to draw her forth? The mystery continues!
- "Lfay" & "Gfay" are, in fact, short for "Lesser Faydark" and "Greater Faydark," not Faeshizzle-speak. Oops!
- Shaggis starts a Fae and passes the blame to his 5 year old for the purple hair and curlique decorative wings. :D
- Gustavin is a kickass tank. Yes, I said "tank." I dunno how much caffiene he ingests to be going that many directions at once, but it's like watching someone in fast forward while we're all in slow motion. Swashbuckler tank, ftw!
- SOE made a zone with fake walls, for the fun of watching people run through them accidentally and ag whole rooms of mobs. I think, also, someone is recording how many people bump into real walls to see if they're fake.
- Leethal needs masters, and pants, and shoes, and socks, and probably your wallet, keys and watch, too... for his broker.
- Safer Fall is great! However, it still will not protect you if you fall off the acorn lift in Kelethin. Just so you know.
- Gnomish Stilts and Bouncy Boots are the best thing since the invention of chocolate. You want to see great things? Put the stilts on, get on your horse, jump!
- We determine that no indeed, deathcount is not an indication of lack of uberness. Bad logic, however, is.
- SOE has destroyed my Thanksgiving, since I've neglected to go buy a turkey by writing this blog.
- I've opted to hide my cloak on Reimani and Megaira as, any fighter knows that wearing a bedsheet tied around your neck into battle is a recipe for disaster. Fala still wears hers, since she's a fancy pants monk and can use her fancy ribbon of doom in some Jackie Chan style martial arts move.
- Arwenia did not, evidently, like the sig he commissioned. Hey, it's not my fault he plays a girl toon:
- Bloodywater's sig is up for consideration and possible tinkering:
The other two screenies that are atm, somewhat unfinished:
Next update:
The Incredible Inedible Quacker Yig! YO!
The Mystery of the Bad Ashen Monk Faction Solved!
More Pretty Screenies!
Vampire Fashions - Are They The New Norrathian Vogue?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home