Anas Mechanica Arcana - convoluted for "duck."
Lots of jokes and references in EoF. Going from Altan Brownwing the fae provisioner (cook) to quest names.
In Steamfont, you can visit "Gnomeland Security" (really) and pick up the quest: "Anas Mechanica Arcana." Your mission? You scour the whole darned zone for little dead mechanical spyducks and pillage them for their black boxes. I was SO proud of myself for finding them all; I usually struggle to find my car keys on the hook next to the door.
The quest reward is Quacker Yig - a self-named clockwork duck of your very own (you can't rename him, tyvm, he's Quacker Yig and that is that). He is quirky. He has attitude...he is distinctly...gnomeish. Not "lawn gnome" for you non-EQ nerds, but Norrathian Gnome - irritable geniuses, a touch self-centered, a touch pompous, every last bit of them quirky and bullheadedly odd. So, your gnome-manufactured duck quotes such pithy remarks as "Where the Voombin are we goin?"
I can only imagine, if Gnomes manufactured cars, what kind of cheek you'd get from your Volkswagon on startup. I have a sneaking suspicion they had something to do with the Austin Mini as it is...who else would design a car with sliding windows so there'd be a space to stash a bottle of liquer?
At any rate, it turns out the quest name itself is an interesting little tidbit of RL Lore: Vaucanson's Mechanical Duck
From that site:

When you're done there, if you head from there out to Loping Plains, where the deer and the antelope were smart enough to bugger off and leave the place to the werewolves, ghouls, vampires, GIANT spiders and ever so scary to all, "The Bummer Gang Bandits," you'll find another quest all tangled up with RL Lore:
The Hand of Glory
The quest, btw, is bugged at last check. The fishies don't respawn on the beach till server reset. doh! (y'all can google image search the "hand" all on your lonesome. yuck.)
In another quest series, I was sexually harassed by Phillip the NPC, who, after having me run a couple errands, kept insistantly trying to give me his "seed." No drink, no dinner, no dancing, just "hey why don't you run on over there and kill me some stuff" then he up & throws the moves on ya.
Luckily for Phillip, he's not killable to players - he tried giving his seed to quite a few people in the next day or so, and it did not go without comment.
I guess you get a little anxious to get some progeny on the way, living in a town surrounded by the "Bummer Gang," ghouls, werewolves, and bloodsucking aristocrats...oh and funky invisible imps.
The Mystery of the Bad Monk Faction Solved!
At 50, Meg headed out to Pillars of Flame to start working quests. She went over to the monk area and found them all hostile. What the heck? I puzzled over this for a little while, then one day stumbled across a guildie who was working on the Bone Bladed Claymore HQ. He was merrily killing everything in sight in the Sprawl, including Dreadnaughts. I thought "hm" and whacked one...sure enough...
It turns out that you lose points to ALL monk factions. Ashen Order, Ashen Disciples, Dreadnaughts, Jackie Chan Fan Club, Too Wong Fu, etc. etc. You get the idea.
It turns out, also, that killing harpies builds Naga faction - not monk faction. Killing goblins builds harpy and naga faction...or was it harpy and swiftrider...either way, you don't get monk faction. Doing Dreadnaught Quests wins you back over to the Dreadnaughts, but doesn't restore favor elsewhere.
So, word of warning: when you've gotta kill 1000 sentiant beings, pick zombies...they don't care...they'll think your brains look juicy and tasty no matter how many you kill, and they're the last guys you want to have over for dinner -so losing faction there is no terrible loss. And, they're just coherent enough to gurgle and slush their way around - as far as the Blade knows, they're as sentient as it gets - it doesn't care if they're mensa geniuses or swiss cheese under the skull.
So, mystery solved.
The Vampire Fashion Segment has been postponed until I have had more time to look at the male vampires close up...
Ok I'm looking for a cheap excuse to ogle the goods in undead land. I've got to say, whoever was designing the male vampires for Mistmoore had to have a woman offering input. I'm thinking this woman was parked somewhere in the midst of her sexual peak. They are beaaaaauuuuuuutiful. It's a shame to thwack their gorgeous whiteblonde heads off, really.
On to the screenies:
Brellpops!
It occurs to me that "Go suck on a Brellpop." may have multiple levels of meaning, but let's just stick to uh, whatever this means here.

In which Mik's parents let him dress himself for school and he decided to go as a disco superstar. Check that pimp beltbuckle:

What happens to me if I don't get enough beauty sleep...

This tiny fae got sick of me poking him/her (who can tell, they're so tiny!) and sneezing, and whipped out a stinger:

Practice makes perfect!


Now this is how it should be!

Fala picked up this nifty looking gi tonight - it dropped in a group Nin was healing on, and they patiently (*emits thoughtclouds of rainbow colored butterflies, hearts and daisies*) waited for me to run her over and loot it. I could not let a gi I'd never seen before pass me by.
The thong underwear graphic outside is a touch odd, but the rest of it rocks.



Larger Image with Trees
Here's the name & screenie of the stats for those of you interested.
In Steamfont, you can visit "Gnomeland Security" (really) and pick up the quest: "Anas Mechanica Arcana." Your mission? You scour the whole darned zone for little dead mechanical spyducks and pillage them for their black boxes. I was SO proud of myself for finding them all; I usually struggle to find my car keys on the hook next to the door.
The quest reward is Quacker Yig - a self-named clockwork duck of your very own (you can't rename him, tyvm, he's Quacker Yig and that is that). He is quirky. He has attitude...he is distinctly...gnomeish. Not "lawn gnome" for you non-EQ nerds, but Norrathian Gnome - irritable geniuses, a touch self-centered, a touch pompous, every last bit of them quirky and bullheadedly odd. So, your gnome-manufactured duck quotes such pithy remarks as "Where the Voombin are we goin?"
I can only imagine, if Gnomes manufactured cars, what kind of cheek you'd get from your Volkswagon on startup. I have a sneaking suspicion they had something to do with the Austin Mini as it is...who else would design a car with sliding windows so there'd be a space to stash a bottle of liquer?
At any rate, it turns out the quest name itself is an interesting little tidbit of RL Lore: Vaucanson's Mechanical Duck
From that site:
When you're done there, if you head from there out to Loping Plains, where the deer and the antelope were smart enough to bugger off and leave the place to the werewolves, ghouls, vampires, GIANT spiders and ever so scary to all, "The Bummer Gang Bandits," you'll find another quest all tangled up with RL Lore:
The Hand of Glory
The quest, btw, is bugged at last check. The fishies don't respawn on the beach till server reset. doh! (y'all can google image search the "hand" all on your lonesome. yuck.)
In another quest series, I was sexually harassed by Phillip the NPC, who, after having me run a couple errands, kept insistantly trying to give me his "seed." No drink, no dinner, no dancing, just "hey why don't you run on over there and kill me some stuff" then he up & throws the moves on ya.
Luckily for Phillip, he's not killable to players - he tried giving his seed to quite a few people in the next day or so, and it did not go without comment.
I guess you get a little anxious to get some progeny on the way, living in a town surrounded by the "Bummer Gang," ghouls, werewolves, and bloodsucking aristocrats...oh and funky invisible imps.
The Mystery of the Bad Monk Faction Solved!
At 50, Meg headed out to Pillars of Flame to start working quests. She went over to the monk area and found them all hostile. What the heck? I puzzled over this for a little while, then one day stumbled across a guildie who was working on the Bone Bladed Claymore HQ. He was merrily killing everything in sight in the Sprawl, including Dreadnaughts. I thought "hm" and whacked one...sure enough...
It turns out that you lose points to ALL monk factions. Ashen Order, Ashen Disciples, Dreadnaughts, Jackie Chan Fan Club, Too Wong Fu, etc. etc. You get the idea.
It turns out, also, that killing harpies builds Naga faction - not monk faction. Killing goblins builds harpy and naga faction...or was it harpy and swiftrider...either way, you don't get monk faction. Doing Dreadnaught Quests wins you back over to the Dreadnaughts, but doesn't restore favor elsewhere.
So, word of warning: when you've gotta kill 1000 sentiant beings, pick zombies...they don't care...they'll think your brains look juicy and tasty no matter how many you kill, and they're the last guys you want to have over for dinner -so losing faction there is no terrible loss. And, they're just coherent enough to gurgle and slush their way around - as far as the Blade knows, they're as sentient as it gets - it doesn't care if they're mensa geniuses or swiss cheese under the skull.
So, mystery solved.
The Vampire Fashion Segment has been postponed until I have had more time to look at the male vampires close up...
Ok I'm looking for a cheap excuse to ogle the goods in undead land. I've got to say, whoever was designing the male vampires for Mistmoore had to have a woman offering input. I'm thinking this woman was parked somewhere in the midst of her sexual peak. They are beaaaaauuuuuuutiful. It's a shame to thwack their gorgeous whiteblonde heads off, really.
On to the screenies:
Brellpops!
It occurs to me that "Go suck on a Brellpop." may have multiple levels of meaning, but let's just stick to uh, whatever this means here.
In which Mik's parents let him dress himself for school and he decided to go as a disco superstar. Check that pimp beltbuckle:
What happens to me if I don't get enough beauty sleep...
This tiny fae got sick of me poking him/her (who can tell, they're so tiny!) and sneezing, and whipped out a stinger:
Practice makes perfect!
Now this is how it should be!
Fala picked up this nifty looking gi tonight - it dropped in a group Nin was healing on, and they patiently (*emits thoughtclouds of rainbow colored butterflies, hearts and daisies*) waited for me to run her over and loot it. I could not let a gi I'd never seen before pass me by.
The thong underwear graphic outside is a touch odd, but the rest of it rocks.
Larger Image with Trees
Here's the name & screenie of the stats for those of you interested.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home