Half Elves Against Trelly

Friday, September 16, 2005

Everquest and the Human Condition

Yeah that sounded all educated and stuff... /vapid smile


Screenies coming of some DoF stuff, including duel madness. I am loving this duel stuff - if not for the actual fun of an impromptu matchoff against someone (I'd love to see how my Dirge does), but because of the absolute chaos and mayhem around the docks when people get going. Just makes me laugh when I'm sitting afk and hear a fight breakout and people are fighting on top of poor Nini.

I got myself demolished and bewildered by a ranger and swashbuckler this afternoon. I've decided scouts are bad for Nini's health. Those guys are fast...I'm betting most of our half elf brethren are the result of wood elf scout drivebys on unsuspecting human females. They're all glitter and flash and tattoos and then poof! gone. Back into the trees like a flcok of jingling, chainmail clad monkeys.


I got whomped by one berserker and barely won against another later - though granted, we were interrupted midfight by a snake agging me and stopped to kill it, then picked back up where we left off.

I also clobbered a pally...I'd say twice but he obviously gave me a huge head start on the first round. :P

Dueled a conjurer as well and decided that the pets are a waste of mana - sentient opponants ignore the pet and go right for the caster, so no point in trying to use it at all. d'oh


All in all, I'm liking the expansion. The first day was somewhat of a nightmare - I was expecting the changes and respec...that was fine... it was going to Lavastorm and having that damned firelizard come crawling up my backside...and finding out everything was green again. I'd missed that part of the notes and it was a very. rude. awakening.

On the bright side, xp everywhere!

Nini's changes aren't too dramatic - they look better on paper than they play out in the game and overall, while things are slightly better in a multitude of ways, it's somewhat of a wash.

I was horrified at the new horse animation though. Whoever adjusted the rider's timing belt was slacking or hasn't see many riders...you pound along completely out of rythem with the horse and for the girls...well it's just ...wrong. I suspect the men are all sporting cups under their armor so maybe -MAYBE - they escape with a little less abuse. I've ridden all my life, they had it closer the first time around -people demanded and griped that they didn't move in the saddle..but you fewels, if you're a relatively decent rider, your HIPS move and you sway, but you don't pound around up there like a friggin bounceball with legs sticking straight out.

Ah well, can't win 'em all I guess.

My monk got a dramatic change for the better. She was barely crawling through blue solo mobs in Zek before teh expansion, she's whaling on yellow solo's now without litte problem. I'm loving the haste buffs!

From a board post (I'm tired and heading to bed, or I'd rewrite it in a livlier fashion), regarding dueling stories:

I was on with Nini and stumbled across a friend who did something lame & hurt my feelings. I didn't much feel like playin her after that, so I logged my monk, who I'm trying to get used to again.

I'm totally spoiling for a fight and telling Soul, who'd stopped in to my office to visit, that I just wanted to duel but knew with Nin I'd get my arse kicked.

As I'm talking, I'm running up to TS entrance and boink! duel window pops up. It's a Ratonga Assassin (couple lvls lower than me) and I figure eh, he'll whup me, but what the hell?

So I accept. And, I'm standing there thinking what to do, Soul goes "he's gonna invis" and sure enough (of course!) he goes invis. Ack! I don't have see invis on this character...

So I fumbled for windwalk and went invis too.

Said "wonder if he can see me"
Soul "you'll find out in a sec"
Few seconds go by, I'm still waiting. LOL

He finally came uninvis (lol next time, wait a while my friend, my invis sucks power) and I jumped him, then was able to reinvis again, stalk up and get the jump on him again before I beat him (great sport!!).

Beating him wasn't the good part (since there was a lvl discrepency there). It was the after duel conversation:

Him (clearly surprised): "you went invis"
Me (amused): "I did"
Me: "so did you"
Him: "I couldn't see you"
Me: "I couldn't see you"
Him: LOL

Hey, turnabout is fairplay, right? Think it was the last thing he was expecting from a monk!

I mended him for a sliver of health and we bowed and went our seperate ways. Totally made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home